Sunday, February 28, 2010

Time With the Word

Mark 9

30 Leaving that region, they traveled through Galilee. Jesus didn’t want anyone to know he was there, 31a for he wanted to spend more time with his disciples and teach them.

It is good to spend time alone with the Word. Yes, it is good to assemble with the Saints, it is good to go out into the community and spread the Word, but in order to be effective in those settings, I believe that I must spend time alone with the Word. I need that quiet time to allow God to speak to me directly. I need that time to stop being concerned about a lesson to teach, a song service to lead, or even a helping hand to lend. I need that time to be refreshed in the Lord and to be strengthened in the Lord and to be firmly grounded in the Lord. I love it when Jesus wants me to spend time with Him so He can teach me. I pray that I can encourage others to love that time with the Lord as well.

No comments: