Thursday, February 4, 2010

Vessel of Thanksgiving

Psalm 28

6 Praise the Lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy.
 7 The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

As I continue to take stock of the blessings God showers down upon me every day, I also need to remember to be a source of peace and joy to others in his name. That is not easy. I am way too often, selfish and snappy. Thank You for Your forgiveness, Lord, help me to be filled with thanksgiving to the point that songs of praise overflow from my life every day, and other people are drawn closer to You in the process. Use me Lord for Your glory always. You have not only heard my cry for mercy, You have given me mercy and grace. I cannot do any less for my fellow man if I am to follow Christ.

No comments: