Thursday, February 18, 2010

Be Still in the Presence of the Lord

Psalm 37

7 Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.

I am a multitasker. There, I have confessed my sin. As I sit here in my office this morning reading my daily devotions and writing this journal entry, I also have another computer running uploading a video for the church. My cell phone is letting me know of a text message coming in right now. I have to work very hard at being still in the presence of the LORD. Make no mistake, God has my undivided attention at this moment, but only because I got all that other stuff set up and let it roll before sitting down with the Word. Yeah, it is better when I do my devotional reading at home before coming into the office, but I am still one who struggles with being still before the LORD. Pray for me in this regard, will you, please?

No comments: