Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jesus Is Willing...Are You?

Mark 1

40 A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. “If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean,” he said.

41 Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” 42 Instantly the leprosy disappeared, and the man was healed.

Jesus is moved with compassion and He is willing. The question that remains then, is do we have faith? The leper in this passage obviously had faith. To look Jesus in the eye and say, “if you are willing you can heal me and make me clean” takes great courage and faith. He didn’t pray that pitiful prayer we find ourselves praying these days of , “Lord, please help me to overcome (fill in the blank).” No, this leper understood that the power belongs solely to Jesus. Jesus didn’t help him overcome leprosy, Jesus rid him of it. Jesus is willing to rid me of my sins, my sickness, my selfishness…all I have to do is believe that He can do so, asking for that in faith. And THAT, my friends, is a lot harder to do than it is to say.

No comments: