Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wait Patiently

Psalm 27:14

14 Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.


Had a conversation last night with one of my youth group kids who is struggling with something for which they want to blame God. My heart aches for my kid, and I know that the depth of their hurt is extremely deep. However, God is not to blame. Why is it that when bad things happen, we want to blame God, but when good things happen we rarely credit God. Why do we have this notion that God is out to punish us? Why do we buy the lies that satan continually pushes? We are not patient enough to wait on God in many cases, in others, we are just blinded by our own agenda. In still others, the hurt is so deep, we simply don’t understand. Been there, done all three of those. As I grow closer in my walk with Christ, I am coming to realize that waiting on God to reveal His WHOLE plan is the only way I can survive this pain and suffering and seemingly endless unanswered questions of this life. Now, if I could just help a certain youth group kid of mine whom I dearly love understand that as well…sigh.

No comments: