Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Betrayal

Matthew 26

14 Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve disciples, went to the leading priests 15 and asked, “How much will you pay me to betray Jesus to you?” And they gave him thirty pieces of silver. 16 From that time on, Judas began looking for an opportunity to betray Jesus.

30 pieces of silver: the price that had to be paid under the Law if an ox gored a slave to death. Judas sold out Jesus for the price of a slave. How easy is it for me to sit here, 2,000 years later and condemn Judas for his act of betrayal and for the meager price he was willing to sell out his Lord for. How hypocritical it would be of me to have such an attitude. How often do I betray my Jesus for far less? When I fail to stand up for Him, I am betraying Him. When I fail to acknowledge his Lordship in my life, I betray Him. When I allow the stuff of this world to come in between Him and me, I betray Him. Yeah, I have to stop rationalizing and start calling sin what it is: betrayal of Jesus. Thank You, Lord for Your forgiveness. Help me Father to stop betraying my Jesus, and to live for Him to the best of my ability this day and every day You grant me from this day forward.

No comments: