Saturday, February 13, 2010

Praising God Constantly

Psalm 34

1 I will praise the Lord at all times.

I will constantly speak his praises.

2 I will boast only in the Lord;

let all who are helpless take heart.

3 Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;

let us exalt his name together.

The Psalms are filled with expressions of praise to God, but as I read this passage today, I am struck by the notion that such praise is to take place at ALL TIMES. While I praise God often, the question I must wrestle with today is, do I CONSTANTLY speak his praises? How different would my life be if I was so busy giving God praise that I didn’t have time to grumble or complain, or even to just be blasé about the stuff going on around me? It is my desire to live a life of praise, boasting only in the Lord, encouraging others to take heart, telling of the Lord’s greatness always and exalting HIS NAME without ceasing.

No comments: