Monday, July 4, 2011

Submit To God's Royal Son

Psalm 2

10 Now then, you kings, act wisely!

Be warned, you rulers of the earth!

11 Serve the Lord with reverent fear,

and rejoice with trembling.

12 Submit to God’s royal son, or he will become angry,

and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities—

for his anger flares up in an instant.

But what joy for all who take refuge in him!


Today, we celebrate Independence Day in the United States of America. As a Christ Follower, I celebrate my independence from sin every day. I want to do my best to follow Jesus (not just to be a fan of His). I pray that the leaders of this great nation will do the same. We have not done this as a whole in America for quite some time now, and it is amazing to me that God’s wrath hasn’t poured out upon this country because of that. May those of us who follow Christ and live in America continue to pray, repent, and lead by example so that others around us will follow Christ. May our lives help others understand the eternal importance of submitting to God’s Royal Son.

No comments: