Friday, July 29, 2011

How Appropriate

Romans 12

9 Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. 10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.


In my Life Map for this year, I wrote the following:


“A STATEMENT OF MY "PREFERRED FUTURE"


By God's grace and His unending mercy in my life, I will be more LOVING of other people, seeing them through the eyes of Christ. I will be more FORGIVING of others remembering how much I have been forgiven. I will be more CONNECTED to my heavenly Father through a more meaningful and consistent prayer life. I will be more INTENTIONAL in relationships with people outside the church, and I will set an EXAMPLE for other Christ Followers in my daily life.


Seems only appropriate that these two verses from Romans 12 would stand out to me in my daily reading today, doesn’t it?

No comments: