Tuesday, July 26, 2011

His People

Romans 9

25 Concerning the Gentiles, God says in the prophecy of Hosea,

“Those who were not my people,
I will now call my people.
And I will love those
whom I did not love before.”

26 And,

“Then, at the place where they were told,
‘You are not my people,’
there they will be called
‘children of the living God.’”

Praise God for His love for ALL peoples! Yes, I am among those Gentiles about whom Hosea prophesied. I am also reminded that God is calling all people, everywhere to be His people. Sometimes, we Christian Americans get that part confused. God’s people consist of folks from every tongue, tribe, and nation, and we have an obligation to reach out to them in the name of Jesus, extending the open arms of love and fellowship, and partnering with them in proclaiming the Gospel. Yeah, Joel Khopang’s visit to VCC this week is still weighing on me Oh, to be half the man of God that he is!

No comments: