Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Giving Thanks

1 Chronicles 16

8 Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.

Let the whole world know what he has done.

9 Sing to him; yes, sing his praises.

Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds.

10 Exult in his holy name;

rejoice, you who worship the Lord.

11 Search for the Lord and for his strength;

continually seek him.


I want to join with David this morning in praising my God. He is powerful above all others. He is loving beyond measure. He is Holy, Holy, Holy. Forgiveness of sin comes only through His plan of Salvation as enacted through His Son Jesus. He continues to bless His people in ways that are amazing. What a blessing for me today to celebrate Ruth Ann’s birthday with her in person. She took me in as a son, and I have always called her Mom. It is my privilege to do so. What a blessing to pray for Elliott and Abi as they leave for El Salvador and Honduras today on a mission trip. Do mighty works through them, O Lord. I pray that they know You are with them every step of the way on this journey, and that they know I am, too! Father, may we seek You with our whole hearts always. May we live our lives in such a way that others have no doubt about Who we serve.

No comments: