Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Where my worth comes from

Acts 20

24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.


Paul knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that his return to Jerusalem will result in prison, and possibly even physical death. Yet, he presses on because of the attitude expressed in Acts 20:24. As I read this entire passage today, seeing how others who loved Christ and loved Paul begged Paul not to go, how others prophesied Paul’s arrest, etc. and how Paul is resolved to follow the guidance of the indwelling Holy Spirit in his life, it humbles me to no end. What would my life be like if I was as bold as Paul? I mean, I am trying to follow the Spirit’s leading in my life, but I cannot say that I am singularly focused on that as Paul obviously was. I fall way short in that department. Repentance needs to be my next step, so that I too, may proclaim that my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus!

No comments: