Sunday, December 20, 2009

Focus...Focus

Hebrews 12

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.


Throwing off everything that hinders is a whole lot easier to say than to do. The sin that so easily entangles, does so easily. Running with perseverance takes every ounce of strength I can muster. Fixing my eyes on Jesus is the key. When I fix my eyes on Him, this other stuff is easier. I didn’t say it was easy, just that it is easier. My focus has not been what it should on several days here lately, and I praise God for His patience with me, as I stumble along in the race marked out for me.

No comments: