Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Peaceable and Considerate

Titus 3

1Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.


I failed in this regard to these instructions yesterday. I allowed anger to get the better of me in a discussion with Dad. My anger grew out of his denial and enabler mentality creeping back in. This anger was mistakenly directed towards my sister. I’m not angry with her, but I was very angry with Dad yesterday. That was not a good attitude for me to have, and it accomplished absolutely nothing! It is time for me to eat some humble pie, apologize to Dad while explaining my anger yesterday so we can move ahead. Man, this Christ-follower stuff can be hard work sometimes. It sure is worth it, though!

No comments: