Saturday, December 12, 2009

Opportunity for Great Joy

James 1

2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.


In John 16:33 Jesus reminds us that in this world we will have troubles, but that we can take heart because Jesus has overcome the world. Here, Jesus’ half-brother, James reminds us that trouble is merely an opportunity for great joy. With the events of the past couple of days, there must be a season of unparalleled joy coming my way. I will cling to that thought, and I DO believe that. In the meantime, God, one good night’s sleep would come in handy. Thank You, Lord for being with me in the midst of the current trials in my life. May I lean that much more on You right now. I know that You will work things out for the good, because I do love You and I am called according to Your purpose. My desire is to let Jesus shine in me and through me always. I ask this in His precious Name. Amen.

No comments: