Thursday, December 17, 2009

Undivided Attention

Hebrews 2

1 So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. 2 For the message God delivered through angels has always stood firm, and every violation of the law and every act of disobedience was punished. 3 So what makes us think we can escape if we ignore this great salvation that was first announced by the Lord Jesus himself and then delivered to us by those who heard him speak?


I love the book of Hebrews. To be reminded that Christ is Superior and that we must not turn away from the Truth, is so vitally important. It is easy to get off track. It is not just the busyness of life, but our own selfish ambitions that can cause us to lose focus. These are extremely busy times, and there certainly are many issues vying for my undivided attention. Let me proclaim right now that I am interested in giving my undivided attention to only One Person: Jesus.

No comments: