Monday, December 14, 2009

Content

James 6

6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.


In the commercialized season known as “Christmas,” we are bombarded with advertisements attempting to entice us to get “stuff” that we simply cannot live without. How sad that so many who follow Christ fall into that trap. I have no needs at Christmas other than to be with the ones I love enjoying their company. I am a contented man: I have my salvation in Christ; I am married to the most beautiful woman on the planet; we have children who love and serve Jesus; I am blessed to minister at Vero Christian Church, working with people to want to glorify God always; and I live five miles from the beach in south central Florida! Yeah, baby, I am blessed beyond reason. How could I possibly desire anything else?

No comments: