Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Am I Willing?

Mark 1

40 A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. “If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean,” he said.

41 Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!”


The fact that Jesus healed many people of physical infirmities is widely reported in the Gospel accounts. However, this morning, it is not the healing that jumps out at me, it is the willingness that gives me pause to ponder. Jesus, when confronted with a need, is told by this man that he knows if Jesus is willing, Jesus can heal and make him clean. Jesus is moved with compassion and tells the man that He is indeed willing. I live among a people who are spiritually sick and in need of healing. The question with which I must wrestle this morning is, am I willing to share with them the healing power of Jesus?

No comments: