Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Who Am I, Lord?

2 Samuel 7

18 Then King David went in and sat before the Lord and prayed,
“Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?

The LORD has just promised David that his family will rule Israel, and that the kingdom will not be taken away from David’s family like it was from Saul’s. Let me be clear: I am no David. I do not claim any comparison to David, other than this: “Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?” God blesses me in spite of who I am. God blesses my family in spite of the circumstances we are facing. I know that it is only by clinging to Jesus that I can not just survive, but thrive. Lord, I admit that I am tired, and I know that You think I can handle much more than I believe I can, but I will trust in You, give You the glory always, and remain Your faithful servant to the very best of my ability.

No comments: