Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Praising God Today

Psalm 108

1 My heart is confident in you, O God;
no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart!
2 Wake up, lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
3 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations.
4 For your unfailing love is higher than the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
May your glory shine over all the earth.

What an eventful overnight/early morning as Dad’s prep for his colonoscopy got more exciting than either of us wanted. Long story short, in spite of being ill prepared and having to consider a desperate middle-of-the-night run for colostomy supplies, God had the one and only wafer & bag that Dad had with him work! Once it comes loose, it never is able to reattach, but God is with us and all is well. As I write this, Dad is undergoing his colonoscopy. Immediately after being released from the surgery center, we head to the hospital where he will be admitted in preparation for his hernia repair surgery in the morning. Thank You, God for being with us during this difficult time, I will praise You for Your unfailing love, and Your presence with me in the midst of really tough times!

No comments: