Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Honoring Dad

Psalm 127

3 Children are a gift from the Lord;

they are a reward from him.

As a dad, I certainly can relate to this verse, but this morning I want to look at it from the child’s perspective. I leave shortly to take my Dad halfway to his “home” in Anniston, AL. I am meeting my brother Ed at the half-way point where Dad’s journey will continue, and I will return home to Vero Beach. I may be a gift to my Dad, but he is a tremendous gift to me. Dad taught me what Christ-like love was all about. Dad taught me about unconditional love. Dad modeled that love for me and for my brothers and sister. I praise God every day for allowing me the privilege of being a son of Don Blount. May my life not only be pleasing to God my Father, but may I honor my Dad on earth in all I do every single day. I am so blessed!

No comments: