Wednesday, November 11, 2009

No Favoritism

Acts 10

34 Then Peter replied, “I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism. 35 In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right.”


God shows no favoritism. In every nation, God accepts those who fear Him and do what is right. It is the people of any nation that God accepts, not a nation itself. Sometimes, we Americans get this mistaken notion that our country is “special” and that God loves America. I contend that God couldn’t care less about the nation of the United States of America, but that He very much loves the people in this nation who fear Him and do what is right. I am not anti-American by any stretch, but America is not my saving grace, either. Jesus is my Savior. The Kingdom of God is my first allegiance. I will serve God whether or not it is legal to do so in America (and I believe we are headed toward a day when it will NOT be legal to do so). I have more in common with my Christian brothers in foreign countries than I have with the pagans in America. I just wish that I could effectively communicate that sentiment without being mistaken for being unpatriotic. I do love America, and I want to see her continue on the path upon which she was founded. That’s something I don’t see happening these days either. Sigh.

No comments: