Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Enemy Has Been Defeated

Mark 15

37 Then Jesus uttered another loud cry and breathed his last. 38 And the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom.


What satan planned as a defeat, God used for a great victory! When Jesus breathed His last breath on this earth, satan thought he had won. But the curtain separating the holy of holies from the most holy place in the temple was torn in two from top to bottom, signifying the separation between God and man no longer existed. Last night, I had the privilege of baptizing into Christ a dear friend of mine. It topped off an amazing day of good news on several fronts. This morning, I was made aware of some grumbling aimed in my direction. It is easy to get absorbed by the grumblers and allow my joy to be taken away, but I will not give in. Of course satan is on the attack! VCC is doing great things for God. People are coming to know Christ. People are serving Jesus more than ever here. To be attacked from within the ranks is one of satan’s biggest ploys. I will not let it get me down. I will press on, knowing that I serve a risen Savior, that I have support from my Elders and Preacher, and knowing that satan is a wimp. He is only good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so I will continue to be faithful in my service to Christ so that the enemy remains defeated! I will do so with great joy and with a song of praise in my heart!

No comments: