Thursday, November 19, 2009

God IS Cool that Way

1 Corinthians 4

1 So look at Apollos and me as mere servants of Christ who have been put in charge of explaining God’s mysteries. 2 Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful. 3 As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don’t even trust my own judgment on this point. 4 My conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide.


Yes, this is the same Appollos who was taught the way even more accurately by Priscilla and Aquilla in Acts 18. Now, he is working with Paul and has been put in charge of explaining God’s mysteries. How cool is that? It does remind me of a guy named Rob Cox, who came to me as a teenager, having grown up in a denominational church. We studied God’s Word together, he was immersed into Christ for the forgiveness of his sins, went on to study at Kentucky Christian College (now University), and is a preacher today. Yeah, God IS cool that way!

No comments: