Monday, November 16, 2009

The Love of Christ

1 Thessalonians 4

9 But we don’t need to write to you about the importance of loving each other, for God himself has taught you to love one another. 10 Indeed, you already show your love for all the believers throughout Macedonia. Even so, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you to love them even more.


Jesus gave us that new command in John 13:34-35 - 34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Paul confirms that command to the church in Thessalonica, and to us today. We Christ followers should be known by our love for one another, and our love for all people. Too often, the Church today is known for what it is against, not what is for. May the love of Christ motivate my every word, my every action not just toward other believers, but for the non-believers as well. I often have a LONG way to go in this area.

No comments: