Saturday, September 5, 2009

Take Careful Note

Ezekiel 44

5 And the LORD said to me, “Son of man, take careful notice. Use your eyes and ears, and listen to everything I tell you about the regulations concerning the LORD’s Temple. Take careful note of the procedures for using the Temple’s entrances and exits.”


My first reaction to reading this entire section of Scripture today was to think, “man am I glad that I live under the New Covenant. All the rules and regulations God lays out here are something else.” But upon further reflection, I would also have to add: “Today, there is only ONE entrance to the presence of God – Jesus.” We had better pay careful attention of the procedure that God has laid out for us to be able to enter into His Holy presence. Jesus is the ONLY Way, the ONLY Truth, the ONLY Light, and the ONLY way to God the Father. So, the question I must wrestle with today is how can I live in such a way as to show others the way? What do I need to change/improve upon/do so that Jesus alone receives the glory, honor and praise? Father, may my life point others to You through Your Son, Jesus.

No comments: