Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Proclaiming God

Daniel 6
25b “Peace and prosperity to you!
26 “I decree that everyone throughout my kingdom should tremble with fear before the God of Daniel.
For he is the living God,
and he will endure forever.
His kingdom will never be destroyed,
and his rule will never end.
27 He rescues and saves his people;
he performs miraculous signs and wonders
in the heavens and on earth.
He has rescued Daniel
from the power of the lions.”


King Darius finally got the picture: The One True Living God is it, baby! Daniel has been rescued from the lions den and those who sought Daniel destruction have instead become a tasty lion breakfast. Oh, how I long for political leaders who would not just give God their lip service, but would give Him their life service as well. Oh, how I long for those who claim to follow Christ to do the same. Oh, how I long to make sure that I am doing just that. I cannot ask anyone to do anything that I am not willing to undertake myself. I truly want to live in such a way as to be able to join Paul in saying, “follow me as I follow Christ.”

No comments: