Sunday, September 6, 2009

Healing Living Water

Ezekiel 47
1 In my vision, the man brought me back to the entrance of the Temple. There I saw a stream flowing east from beneath the door of the Temple and passing to the right of the altar on its south side. 2 The man brought me outside the wall through the north gateway and led me around to the eastern entrance. There I could see the water flowing out through the south side of the east gateway…
6 He asked me, “Have you been watching, son of man?” Then he led me back along the riverbank. 7 When I returned, I was surprised by the sight of many trees growing on both sides of the river. 8 Then he said to me, “This river flows east through the desert into the valley of the Dead Sea. The waters of this stream will make the salty waters of the Dead Sea fresh and pure. 9 There will be swarms of living things wherever the water of this river flows. Fish will abound in the Dead Sea, for its waters will become fresh. Life will flourish wherever this water flows.


This stream of healing water that flowed from the Temple in Ezekiel’s vision reminds me of the stream of healing, Living Water that is Jesus. When I think about all Jesus has done (and continues to do) in my life; how He has (and continues to) heal me, mold me, shape me, change me (sorry, Tim Hawkins just flashed before my mind’s eye), I cannot help but leap for joy and express my love for Jesus in the strongest possible terms. I will do anything to bring glory and honor and praise to Him, because He is the stream of Healing, Living Water. He brings relief to a dry and thirsty soul, and from Him springs Life everlasting. Thank You Jesus for loving me enough that You would willingly fill me with this Living Water that far surpasses the healing river described in Ezekiel’s vision! Life DOES flourish wherever this Water flows!

No comments: