Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hmmmm

Ezekiel 32

18 For again I say, when righteous people turn away from their righteous behavior and turn to evil, they will die. 19 But if wicked people turn from their wickedness and do what is just and right, they will live.


Sometimes we long-time Christians act like the older brother in the story of the Prodigal Son. We whine when the prodigal comes home. Why can’t we be more accepting of wicked people who turn from their wickedness and turn towards Jesus? We want to burden them with all of our rules. Not only do we act like the older brother, but we act like the Judaizers of the book of Acts. Hmmm…these thoughts today and kicking me in the teeth (and other body parts as well). Maybe God wants me to rejoice when the wicked repent, and maybe He wants me to start acting truly righteous. Maybe He wants me to behave more like Jesus than a religious zealot. Huh. What do you know?

No comments: