Sunday, March 1, 2009

Defeating God's Enemies

Numbers 10
33 They marched for three days after leaving the mountain of the Lord, with the Ark of the Lord’s Covenant moving ahead of them to show them where to stop and rest. 34 As they moved on each day, the cloud of the Lord hovered over them. 35 And whenever the Ark set out, Moses would shout, “Arise, O Lord, and let your enemies be scattered! Let them flee before you!” 36 And when the Ark was set down, he would say, “Return, O Lord, to the countless thousands of Israel!”


Notice that Moses didn’t ask God to scatter their enemies, but to scatter God’s enemies. I find the subtle difference fascinating. My prayer today is that the Lord will scatter His enemies, and allow the Army of the Lord to advance at every turn. On this Lord’s Day, may the Name of Jesus be lifted high, and may the praise and glory and honor be His and His alone! May the enemies of God be exposed to be what they are: weak, defenseless, and easily defeated. Not by my might, O Lord, but by Yours! Put me through whatever needs to occur to help me grow in my walk with You, but defeat Your enemies, and convert the lost as is Your desire.

No comments: