Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Son Doesn't Stand Still

Joshua 10
13 So the sun stood still and the moon stayed in place until the nation of Israel had defeated its enemies.

Is this event not recorded in The Book of Jashar? The sun stayed in the middle of the sky, and it did not set as on a normal day. 14 There has never been a day like this one before or since, when the Lord answered such a prayer. Surely the Lord fought for Israel that day!


When I read of the mighty miracles of God in the Scriptures, I cannot help but be moved. You see, the greatest miracle I have ever experienced is when, on August 27, 1985, God transformed this filthy, rotten pagan into a follower of Christ. Surely the Lord fought for me that day! I don’t want to diminish the miracles recorded in the Scriptures in any way whatsoever, but neither do I want to diminish what God did for me in the watery grave of baptism. And while the sun “stood still” one time to help Israel in the battle described in Joshua chapter 10, the Son does not stand still in His defense of me every day! Frankly, I see that as a far greater miracle. Because of Jesus I am blessed beyond any Old Testament miracle you can find. Those who have been baptized into Christ need to realize what a miracle has taken place, and we need to live our lives accordingly!

No comments: