Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No Whining Zone

Numbers 14
11 And the Lord said to Moses, “How long will these people treat me with contempt? Will they never believe me, even after all the miraculous signs I have done among them? 12 I will disown them and destroy them with a plague. Then I will make you into a nation greater and mightier than they are!”


God gets so sick of our whining. The children of Israel whine every time they turn around. They have witnessed the 10 plagues in Egypt. They have witnessed the parting of the Red Sea, water coming from a rock, food appearing on the ground every morning, quail covering the camp for meat, a cloud to lead them by day, a pillar of fire to lead them by night, the earth swallowing up whiners, fire consuming whiners…still, they whine. God says “enough already!” Now, Moses “talked God out of” destroying the children of Israel, but they suffered greatly for their whining. None of the adults in the camp were allowed to enter the Promised Land, and they wandered in the desert for 40 years. I need that reminder today so that I don’t commit the sin of whining against God. Thank You Lord, for loving me, and for presenting the opportunities and challenges that lay ahead of me. I know that You have it under control, and I surrender my will to Yours completely!

No comments: