Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Baaaaccckkk!

Okay, so the last two weeks have been crazy busy. Not that I haven't done my daily devos, I just haven't posted them here. Rather than go through the "catch-up" process, I am just gonna start with today's devo and let it ride. Thanks to those who have been praying for our friend Kevin Patton, who is now home and recovering from injuries suffered from his 25' fall off of a roof. Thanks for those who have been praying for Peggy's Mom after her fall that broke her right leg. She is in a rehab facility following her surgery and recovering nicely. Thanks to those who continue to pray regarding the situation with my Dad. I'll be making another trip to Alabama soon, and I am sure that my daily posting will be interrupted during that trip. Your prayers mean more to me than I can express with mere words.
Be God's,
Scott

From today's reading in the Chronological One Year Bible:
Joshua 7
24 Then Joshua and all the Israelites took Achan, the silver, the robe, the bar of gold, his sons, daughters, cattle, donkeys, sheep, goats, tent, and everything he had, and they brought them to the valley of Achor. 25 Then Joshua said to Achan, “Why have you brought trouble on us? The Lord will now bring trouble on you.” And all the Israelites stoned Achan and his family and burned their bodies.


The swift justice of the Lord as carried out by Joshua! Oh, that the Lord’s justice was carried out as swiftly today. Of course, were that the case, we would all be in big trouble, wouldn’t we? I praise God for the Mediator we have in Christ Jesus, Who stands between the swift justice of the Lord and me, who deserves the trouble of the Lord being visited upon me swiftly!

No comments: