Friday, February 6, 2009

What Is It?

Exodus 16
14 When the dew evaporated, a flaky substance as fine as frost blanketed the ground. 15 The Israelites were puzzled when they saw it. “What is it?” they asked each other. They had no idea what it was.

And Moses told them, “It is the food the Lord has given you to eat.
31 The Israelites called the food manna. It was white like coriander seed, and it tasted like honey wafers.


The word “manna” literally means, “what is it?” What it is, of course, is God’s daily provision. In this instance, it was a wafer like substances, sweet to the taste and provided daily to give physical sustenance to the children of Israel. I consider my daily excursion into God’s Word my manna. It is my daily provision from God to strengthen my spirit to push on through another day.

No comments: