Friday, February 13, 2009

Giving the Best

Exodus 38
24 The people brought special offerings of gold totaling 2,193 pounds, as measured by the weight of the sanctuary shekel. This gold was used throughout the Tabernacle.

25 The whole community of Israel gave 7,545 pounds of silver, as measured by the weight of the sanctuary shekel.


Giving to the Lord at this time was a giving of the very best the people had. With gladness of heart, the people gave their gold and their silver. Construction of the tabernacle was to include the very best of materials. Under the New Covenant, we are the tabernacle of the Lord. Doesn’t it behoove us to give our best? Taking care of our bodies physically should be a priority. I must admit, it hasn’t always been so for me. I have been short-changing God in that respect. May the Lord forgive me, and may I be willing to make the changes in my lifestyle necessary to address this shortcoming in my worship of the Lord God Almighty.

No comments: