Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Better Clothing

Exodus 29
29 “Aaron’s sacred garments must be preserved for his descendants who succeed him, and they will wear them when they are anointed and ordained. 30 The descendant who succeeds him as high priest will wear these clothes for seven days as he ministers in the Tabernacle and the Holy Place.”


Under the terms of the Old Covenant, the priests of the Lord God had to wear special clothing, and of course Aaron & his descendents had the most special of clothing. Under the New Covenant, followers of Jesus are clothed with Christ when they are baptized into Christ. How much more special clothing could there be? I am thrilled to be clothed with Christ. This clothing of holiness is not because of who I am, but has everything to do with Who Jesus is, and I praise God every day that I am clothed in Jesus. I’m ready to minister in His name today, are you?

No comments: