Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ofended and Amazed

Mark 6

3b They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him. 4 Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family.” 5 And because of their unbelief, he couldn’t do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 And he was amazed at their unbelief.

This same Jesus Who calmed the storm and raised the dead was not respected at all in His “hometown” of Nazareth. Mark records that the people there were deeply offended and refused to believe in Him. Their unbelief resulted in few miracles being performed there, and in the amazement of Jesus Himself. In fact, the only times I can recall Jesus being amazed, it is at the unbelief of folks around him. I have no desire to ever amaze Jesus that way. Instead, may I continue to be amazed at His love, grace, and mercy in my life. May I also share those precious gifts with others around me at all times.

No comments: