Sunday, January 16, 2011

Relief

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

In the busyness of life, and with the burdens we all bear in this life, these words from Jesus are such a relief! I know that when I truly lay my burdens on Jesus, I have a sense of peace that does indeed pass all understanding. I know that when I allow my focus to be upon the Christ, my life seems to be filled with peacefulness. Not that the burdens go away, or that everything is hunky dory, but that even in the midst of my trials and tribulations, I know that Jesus is there. That knowledge alone helps me to survive and thrive. Thank You, Jesus, for the relief You provide in this life and in the life everlasting!

No comments: