Thursday, January 6, 2011

Believe

Genesis 15

6 And Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord counted him as righteous because of his faith.

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, it sometimes doesn’t seem like that a big a deal. Yeah, Abram believed God, and it was counted as righteousness. But wait, what did Abram believe? That, being older than 75 now and still never having had a child, much less a boy, Abram was going to be the father of nations, and that through his offspring the entire human race would be blessed. Oh yeah, no big deal. Well, it isn’t a big deal for God to accomplish this feat, but it is a huge deal for Abram to believe God. While I haven’t been given a promise anywhere near the kind that Abram got, I have been promised by God that if I will be obedient to Him, I can receive the blessing that comes through Abram’s offspring. THAT is a big deal, and it is my desire to be counted among those who believe God.

No comments: