Saturday, January 22, 2011

Keep My Eyes On Jesus

Matthew 14

28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”

29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.

So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.

If I keep my eyes on Jesus, I can walk on water. So sang Audio Adrenaline, and so says this passage of Scripture. The key to living the Christian life is to keep your eyes focused on the Christ. Yes, the storms of life will come, the winds will howl and the waves will crash. But, with Jesus, you can not only survive the storms, but you can come out the other side of them much stronger. My prayer each day is to simply keep my eyes on Jesus. I know that He can take care of me in the midst of storms, or when life is all clear.

No comments: