Friday, January 7, 2011

Forgiveness

Matthew 6

14 “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. 15 But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.”


Forgiveness is the most difficult attitude for us humans to truly attain. I firmly believe this. We like to hold grudges. We wallow in our pride and refuse to forgive when we have been wronged. Families are torn apart, friendships destroyed, faith is abandoned. Yes, Jesus Himself says that we will receive the same amount of forgiveness from God the Father that we give out to the people in our lives. I know that as a sinner in need of Grace, I have no right to be unforgiving towards anyone who has sinned against me (or my family, or my friends, or my Lord). Help me, O God to be a forgiving follower of Jesus every day of my life.

No comments: