Sunday, January 30, 2011

For God's Glory

Exodus 10

1 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Return to Pharaoh and make your demands again. I have made him and his officials stubborn so I can display my miraculous signs among them. 2 I’ve also done it so you can tell your children and grandchildren about how I made a mockery of the Egyptians and about the signs I displayed among them—and so you will know that I am the Lord.”


So many times, people wonder why Pharaoh was so stubborn. I mean, you would think that after four or five of the plagues, he would have relented and acquiesced to God’s demands. Yet, the LORD tells Moses that the reason Pharaoh’s hard continues to be hardened is so that God can display His miraculous signs and so that the Israelites can pass along to their children and grandchildren how God delivered them from the bondage of slavery. The responsibility of proclaiming God’s glory, and teaching others about His deliverance continues to this day. May I make sure that I am always focused on my Savior and that I always proclaim my allegiance to Him.

No comments: