Friday, June 17, 2011

No Longer Silent

1 Kings 18

20 So Ahab summoned all the people of Israel and the prophets to Mount Carmel. 21 Then Elijah stood in front of them and said, “How much longer will you waver, hobbling between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him! But if Baal is God, then follow him!” But the people were completely silent.


How much longer will the church in general waver, hobbling between various opinions? If the LORD is God, then shouldn’t we serve Him with all our hearts, with all our souls, with all our minds, and with all our strength? But if the LORD is not God, then let us continue to join the pagan culture around us so that it is difficult to distinguish us from them. We already do a pretty good job of that, now don’t we? I want to be looked at by this pagan culture in which we live as someone who is DIFFERENT. That difference is Jesus working through me, and the Holy Spirit living in me! If no one can see that difference, then am I truly serving God, and do I truly believe that the LORD is God? I can no longer be silent on these matters.

No comments: