Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day of Repentance

2 Kings 17

11b So the people of Israel had done many evil things, arousing the Lord’s anger. 12 Yes, they worshiped idols, despite the Lord’s specific and repeated warnings.

So the people of God did what was evil in God’s sight, even though they had specific and repeated warnings from the Lord. As a result of their willful disobedience, the Lord’s anger was poured out against them. Hmmm. I know that we are now under the Grace of Christ, but as Paul reminds us in the book of Romans, just because we have that Grace, doesn’t mean we should keep on sinning. God’s people, or at least people who claim to follow God, continue to do evil things arousing the Lord’s anger. Why shouldn’t we feel His anger burn against us? May this be a day of repentance for us all, starting with me. Lord, help me to change my attitude, to turn from the sin in my life and to obey You always. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: