Monday, December 26, 2011

Next Generation

Psalm 145

1 I will exalt you, my God and King,

and praise your name forever and ever.

2 I will praise you every day;

yes, I will praise you forever.

3 Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!

No one can measure his greatness.

4 Let each generation tell its children of your mighty acts;
let them proclaim your power.

How will the next generation proclaim the glory of God, if this generation does not teach them how to do this? Perhaps one of the greatest responsibilities I have as a follower of Christ is to teach the next generation how to follow our Lord. I must live in such a way that the generations coming along behind me have a clear example of someone who proclaims the glory of God by the way he lives each day. Father, it is a serious responsibility. Help me to do so faithfully every day of my life.

No comments: