Monday, October 17, 2011

Praying Today

1 Timothy 2


1 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.


I am praying today for all people. Those with whom I agree politically, and those with whom I disagree. I am praying that all of us would seek the Face of the Lord Jesus and live our lives accordingly. I pray for those in positions of political power, and for those who are governed by these leaders. I pray that we would all realize that our trust needs to be in Christ, not in politics. I pray that all would come to a saving knowledge of Jesus. Then, all of this other stuff would not be nearly as “important” as some folks seem to think it is.

No comments: