Sunday, October 16, 2011

Paul's Purpose Statement

1 Timothy 1


5 The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith. 6 But some people have missed this whole point. They have turned away from these things and spend their time in meaningless discussions. 7 They want to be known as teachers of the law of Moses, but they don’t know what they are talking about, even though they speak so confidently.


Paul sums up the purpose of his instruction quite succinctly here, doesn’t he? It is to lead all believers to be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience and genuine faith. Wow! I cannot say that I have always had that same motive in my teaching, but I do indeed strive for those goals now. Help me Lord, to not get sidetracked by meaningless controversies. Instead, may I stay focused on You always!

No comments: