Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Fell off the edge of the planet

But, I am back. Over the past several months life has been crazy busy. the kind of crazy busy that can separate a man from his passion for the Word purely for the sake of the Word. Capital Stewardship Campaign, preparation for a move into our new church facilities, change in ministry focus to encompass the worship end of things, family upheavals, illness (Peggy had walking pneumonia, but is doing much better now), the Holidays, you name it.

However, I have done much better in my personal devotional time. For several years I sent out my daily devotional thoughts to a a privately maintained email list but stopped doing that nearly two years ago after someone took my thoughts out of context and put me in a bad spot with the elders of the church where I serve. Now, I keep those devo thoughts to myself. Of course the downside is that I don't have any accountability partners to keep me on track. 2007 was a year that was spotty at best with my daily devos, but 2008 is off to the start it needs to have.

As I type this while sitting on my couch this morning working at home because the Internet is down at the office, I am determined to not just take care of my personal devo time each day, but to post to this blog whether anyone reads it or not. Writing soothes my soul, and I need to soothe it more and more these days. If you stumbled upon these ramblings, I am sorry to put your through my thought processes today, but I hope to to more stimulating with each passing post this year. Join me for the ride God has planned out!

Be God's,
Scott

No comments: