Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Smack Upside The Head

For the second time this summer, and unexpected calling Home of a brother or sister in Christ has me seriously contemplating the brevity of life on this planet. Last night, we got the call that Stacie Coomer had passed on. Stacie was in our first youth group at Westwood Christian Church some 20 years ago. She had stayed in touch over the years and the miles (she lived in Xenia, Ohio), and was one of the few who commented on my family blog (DaBlounts). When Stacie didn't report for work at the library yesterday, and didn't respond to repeated phone calls from work and from her Mom, the building supervisor in the apartment building where Stacie lived was alerted and asked to go in the apartment to check on Stacie. She was found on the couch in her pajamas with no visible sign of foul play.

Barb and Tom Coomer are understandably devastated. I spoke with them both briefly last night. I know that Kristen (her older sister) is beside herself. I join them in their grief. I also know that God is in control, and that while we may never know while we are on this earth the purpose behind His calling Stacie Home now, someday it will all be made clear.

Earlier this summer, a brother in Christ and fellow minister of the Gospel, Mark Angel, died when caught up in a rip current in the Gulf of Mexico while on a Mission Trip. Heaven is rapidly filling with saints I have known personally on this planet. Sigh.

I know that I had promised to post concerning God Touches today. While there is no promise of tomorrow, if that day comes for me, I will post my comments on a passage from that book then.
Be God's,
Scott

No comments: