Friday, July 20, 2007

Why Another Blog?

I have no expectations that anyone out in cyberspace will ever have a desire to read my musings, but as I continue on my journey with Christ, I feel it necessary for me to post some thoughts based on that journey. The title of this blog is a play off of the varying pronunciations of my last name. See, I pronounce it in such a way as to rhyme with mount, count, or fount. There are, however, folks in my family tree who would pronounce it as "Blunt." William Blount for example, the first and only Governor of the Tennessee Territory pronounced it that way. Blount counties in Tennessee and Alabama are pronounced that way, too. Silly folks don't know how to pronounce the "ou" vowel combination. However, it does give me the opportunity to do a word play for the title of this blog.

So, with that explanation, I welcome you to share some thoughts in this life journey with Christ. I promise to draw on my daily devotional readings from the One Year Bible Online as well as a host of books I find myself reading at any given time. I invite anyone who so desires to leave comments so we can wrestle life's questions together as we seek the answers found in the Person of Jesus the Christ.

Be God's,
Scott

No comments: